Steps 2 Writing: My Blueprint Strategy
Beginning tips for aspiring writers or would-be writers who don’t know where to start
This course will take you through some basic steps and techniques on how to organize your thoughts and content before you begin to write. The same information I am sharing with you, I have used myself and have found it to be extremely helpful with my writing. This course will cover writing for beginners. It can also be used as a refresher course for those who are just getting back into writing. The first half of the course will be devoted to fiction. The second half will cover non-fiction.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Writers who are ready to write either fiction or non-fiction
- Learners who want to discover their ability to brainstorm, outline, and begin writing
- Learners who want to learn how to research and outline their autobiography
What you’ll learn
- Think of an idea that they would like to write about.
- Discuss the term brainstorming and how it applies to writing.
- View a written synopsis.
- Distinguish the beginning, middle, and end of a story.
- Understand the importance of having an outline as the pre-writing exercise.
- Review writing terminology and its meaning.
- Explore 3 general outlines for a non-fiction text.
- Articulate the 5 points of preparing research for a non-fiction text.
- Distinguish between conducting research and reporting in non-fiction.
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 38 Minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Introduction & Welcome
Fiction Writing Basics
Fiction Writing Walkthrough