Parenting Genius: Raising Creative & Empathetic Kids
Parenting Approach with the Genius ID for Empathy, Creativity, Character, and Critical Thinking
Learn why your child thinks like he or she does and how you can improve their creativity for school and life through one of the noblest of callings: Parenting. From research to client experiences, to hard-won experience, this course delivers guidance for parents raising gifted children. Dispel some myths and gain best practices in child development that can be applied for individualizing instruction, interactions, and your approach to your little genius.
This training is for parents that want the best for their children. The training accomplishes this through a series of broad objectives organized into 3 sections. These broad objectives serve as anchors for additional learning objectives presented in each lesson.
What you’ll learn
- Reflect on the goal of facilitating knowledge and the development of character.
- Identify the component parts of character and the miseducation (like conformity) that results in counterproductive habits.
- Conceptualize (relearn) creativity as the basis for intelligence and optimal application of intelligence as genius and the opposite of conformity.
- Define creativity facilitation as a function of climate, attitudes, and thinking.
- Assess your student to identify his/her learning type and Genius ID which maps attitudes and thinking.
- Facilitate genius through the provision of a climate that supports creativity.
This training will challenge your views, call you to better support your values with congruent actions, and ask you to provide freedom of expression as a gift to your child. It will move beyond the clichés, a proposition that many find appealing until their favored clichés are challenged. Because those moments will come, the training is punctuated with Reflection Exercises so that you can process your disagreements and incongruences. Ultimately, you make your own decisions. This training intends to provide you with more knowledge to work within your decision making.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Section I: Parenting and Education Similarities
Another way exists. It is founded in the questions and aspirations we have about what our children can become. Not just a hope for a “good job,” but an authentic reality of the developing adult as a person of autonomy and creativity.
Section II: The Genius ID
Section III: Parenting, Creativity, and Empathy
Section IV: Empathy Promotion