Making Walnut Passion Candy 
Easy to follow and complete recipe & instructions for making a sugary base treat versatile enough for you to modify.
The original candy recipe was given to me by a friend at work. I took the recipe home and perfected the candy. I sold it for a while until I got deeper into writing, and put more focus there. Since my friends cannot get enough of this candy when I make it, I though I would put together this training for them and share it with you as well.
This is a course about making candy, specifically caramalized confections with milk, sugar, and butter. The basic steps of combining ingredients in sequence, heating to temperature, and setting to shape are common to candy making of many kinds. The discipline of preparation, intuition about timing, and creativity in making modifications is common to cooking in general. What is uncommon to most people is the satisfaction of making delicious candy at home.
You get 4 things when you enroll in this course:
- A new recipe for what I call Walnut Passion Candy
- Step-by-step instructions including a walk through of the actual process
- Delicious candy
- Packaging ideas
The course will take you less than an hour. The candy takes about 30 minutes prep to clean up, with 8 hours of time for the candy to set once you are finished. The course is constructed as a cooking tutorial. I provide the preparation, recipe, walk-through, actual cooking, setting tips, and packaging ideas in sequence.
- Feel free to create your own version of the candy by adding items suggested in the course, or selecting your own items to add.
- You will need access to a stove, and a sense of the heat settings on your stove top.
- You will need a deep sauce pan (5 qt), 2 baking sheets, wax paper, a wooden spoon, and a table spoon.
- You will also need a heat resistant hot pad to rest the saucepan on.
What you’ll learn
- Make Walnut Passion Candy, a caramelized confection.
- Review your cabinets to ensure that you are prepared.
- Create your grocery list or raid your pantry to prepare for cooking.
- Determine what, if any, challenges will have to negotiate in your kitchen as you prepare to make the candy.
- Experience the cooking process including the discipline, intuition, and creativity involved in making candy.
- Perform the appropriate actions for staging the candy to set up and harden.
- Compare and contrast packaging options and sharing schedules that work from among various options.
- Explore packaging options with inspiration from my personal creations.
Who this course is for:
- YOU SHOULD take this course if you love to make candy, and you are looking for a new recipe to try.
- YOU SHOULD take this course if you want to learn how to make candy (caramelized confections) with a basic recipe and easy to follow instructions.
- YOU SHOULD take this course if you are interested in crafts and edible gift creation.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 36 Minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Introduction & Origin Story